Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Monday, October 1, 2012

31 Days

31 Days




I am joining Nester for 31 Days for the month October. 


My fingers falter a little as I begin. I have wondered how crazy I am to think of even trying this.

To write 31 days.

I have written in journals and messed around with words a little. But, to call myself a writer? That might be a stretch! Yet, I write. I need to wrestle with these words to find my way.

Fears and perfection keep me from lifting pen, tapping fingers.

So I take this challenge to abandon some of those. To write for 31 days to discover who I am and why?

I stumbled over this book, Write to discover yourself, by Ruth Vaughn, on the internet years ago, but I finally just got a copy from ebay recently. As soon as it came in the mail I was eager to open it up.

I keep being prompted to write out the mighty deeds the Lord has done in my life, my story. Oh, it is so much safer to stay in obscurity. But to remember the wondrous works of the Lord and to tell them is to offer up these words as praise and thanksgiving to the Lord, my God.

I will write here about what I am learning about writing and hopefully be courageous enough to practice writing to discover more about myself. I have no idea how this journey may unfold. I wander into this strange land with promised blessing with many others who have discovered this craft of writing already. But, I will write to an audience of One and if it is that others may be blessed than to God be the glory.


Oh give thanks to the LORD;
call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!
Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works!
Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice!
Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!
Remember the wondrous works that he has done . . .
(Psalm 105:1-5)


Day 1 ~ To Write to Discover Who I Am and Why

Day 2 ~ The Writer

Day 3 ~ Write to Discover One's Self

Day 4 ~ Write as Worship to God

Day 5 ~ Write as Service for Others

Day 6 ~ On a Journey to Know Who You Are

Sunday

Day 8 ~ Giving Thanks

Day 9 ~ Recording Life

Day 10 ~Strength for the Battle

Day 11 ~ The Writer's Greatest Hurdle

Day 12 ~ How to Run the Race

Day 13 ~ The Writer's Most Important Tool

Sunday

Day 15 ~ The Time to Write

Day 16 ~ The Talent to Write

Day 17 ~ Ultimate Joy ~ He is Enough

Day 18 ~Walking in the Dark with God

Day 19 ~ Learn to Look

Day 20 ~ The Time to Write is Yours

Sunday

Day 22 ~ The Writer's Notebook

Day 23 ~ My Rock

Day 24 ~ Come with Singing

Day 25 ~ When She Swallowed a Penny . . . My Story, His Glory

Day 26 ~ A Soft Gentle Voice

Day 27 ~ The Writer's Curiosity

Sunday

Day 29 ~ At the Right Time . . . Extravagant Grace

Day 30 ~ Being Transformed

Day 31 ~ Engraved on the Palms of His Hands


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...