Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Walking in the Dark with God {Day 18}

 You keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you.
Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.
Isaiah 26:3,4

My children were beginning to stir and I had just about sipped the last of my morning coffee when I read these words again this morning.

I have to come back to them now as my mind starts to falter. As I beat back the fears. It is hard when the day to day happenings crowd in and children whine and complain and I have to just keep going on like everything is normal, but it is not. When I don’t respond to the childish behaviour the way I should because my own anxious thoughts have taken me captive.

This is when I tell myself that when my mind and my faith is fixed on the Lord God I will be kept in perfect peace. The Hebrew translation of Lord God in this verse, Jah Jehovah, emphasizes that He is the eternal, unchangeable One, self-existent and in Him is strength and His strength is ever-lasting. The union of these two forms express God’s unchanging love and power.

So, I keep preaching to myself; to not be anxious but to trust in the Lord. And I read:
The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God,which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I know not what awaits me,
  God kindly veils my eyes,
And o'er each step of my onward way
  He makes new scenes to rise;
And every joy He sends me comes
  A sweet and glad surprise.

Where He may lead I'll follow,
  My trust in Him repose;
And every hour in perfect peace,
  I'll sing, "He knows, He knows";
And every hour in perfect peace,
    I'll sing, "He knows, He knows."

One step I see before me,
  'Tis all I need to see,
The light of heaven more brightly shines
  When earth's illusions flee;
And sweetly through the silence comes,
  His loving, "Trust in Me!"

Oh, blissful lack of wisdom,
  'Tis blessed not to know;
He holds me with His own right hand,
  And will not let me go,
And lulls my troubled soul to rest
  In Him who loves me so.

So on I go not knowing;
  I would not if I might;
I'd rather walk in the dark with God
  Than go alone in the light;
I'd rather walk by faith with Him
  Than go alone by sight.



31 Days
This is part of a series, linking up with Nester, for the month of October.

You will find the rest of the series, Write to Discover Yourself: My Story His Glory, here

It is a series of posts of sharing what I am learning in Ruth Vaughn’s book, 'Write to Discover Yourself'.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...