Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Monday, November 5, 2012

My Delight is in Her

Monday morning. He gave me a kiss good bye when it was still dark out. The one who delights in me and I can hardly believe it at times, but it's true. And our son came crawling in beside me just after he left for work. I shut off two alarms and turn over to stretch again. If I get up now, my son will be up for the day.

I know I need to start today with a time of quiet. But, if I get up now before my son settles back to sleep I am pretty sure that it will not be quiet that I get.

I can’t wait any longer. I get up and so does my son.

He clambers up on to the kitchen cupboard. He pulls out a white cereal bowl, and the box of Raisin Bran. He is off to the fridge and pulls out the ceramic milk container and does a nice job of getting himself breakfast as well as a nice trail of mess behind him.

Just as I am ready to sit down with Bible and pen and a hot coffee he is done his cereal and wants me to read him library books. It is not just one book he wants. He has a stack.



IMG_2755



I know I need to have this quiet time before anyone else is up. I tell him I am going to read the Bible first.

I open up to Isaiah. Where I have been reading in recent times.

And I read:
You shall no more be termed Forsaken, and your land shall no more be termed Desolate, but you shall be called My Delight Is in Her, and your land Married; for the LORD delights in you, and your land shall be married.
I recall reading about Hephzibah somewhere, years ago.

Yes, I remember reading it here. I remember Ann writing about the names she has called herself. I remember being very familiar with the same names.

I have called myself names. I have feasted on lies.

I still do.

I knew I needed to get up this morning and read truth. I just didn’t know that The Truth was going to remind me that He calls me ‘My Delight is in Her’; that I am the object of His and His Father’s love.

I am His bride. He has covered me with robes of righteousness and He delights in me and I can hardly believe it, but it is true.

I do this; I look for ways that He loves me. I count the ways that He showers love down. Grace. The ways that He delights in me.

I know at times I get lost in the lies, but how much greater to get lost in His love.



Counting more gifts from this year’s 1000 gifts . . .

For today gifts acorn-small . . .
983 ~ quiet Sunday afternoon with my family
984 ~ hot chocolate with friends
985 ~ a good bye kiss
986 ~ morning walk with neighbours
987 ~ chicken stock simmering on the stove all day
988 ~ peanut butter and jam sandwiches for lunch
989 ~ chapter one of a new read-aloud
990 ~ reading library books on the couch


and not so small . . . 
991 ~ how He has called me by my name ~ Hephzibah!
992 ~ that He delights in me ~ amazing grace




TheBetterMom.com

On In Around button

4 comments:

  1. I can so relate to the stack of library books! I get up erly for quiet time too, and when I hear the kids start rustling early I try to be super still and quiet. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. And I am sure we are not the only Mamas tiptoeing in the morning hours hoping to steal some quiet before the children wake up! It is funny how it works some times and not others.

      Delete
  2. Rebekah, I have the feeling we are kindred--your words here . . . well, I am in tears. Keep writing, friend. I need this truth sung out, these pictures of a daughter who knows who she is, who chooses to listen and loves on her family and pours out the blessing of Him to us. Oh, friend, you are powerful here. Your words sing of Him, of His life in you. So grateful to have met you, trusting His words in us to connect us here, and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you. Thank you for coming along - being a 'Barnabas'. And for extending grace to me. May others see Him in our lives. May we be bold in our testimony for His glory.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...