Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Friday, September 27, 2013

Five Minute Friday: True




"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, 
glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth."(John 1:14)

" . . . whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise,
think about these things." (Phil 4:8)

There are days I think I must be crazy to pour out my heart  and expose myself bare and transparent. It would be safer to keep it all to myself, to not put myself out there at risk of being misunderstood. 

There are days when words freeze because comparison left me hanging limp. It would be easier to not be so vulnerable.

There are days when I want to pull back and keep to myself and only let the good side be seen. It would be simpler to not dig quite so deep.

There are days when I am brave and I face the truth and hit publish.

There are days, that truthfully, I wonder what difference will it make anyway. Why spend these moments stringing words in a line? Why share joys and sorrows, laughter and chaos, peace and turmoil in my own heart?

Why?

'Cause I am a seeker of truth.

And when I seek Truth, I see that He sought me first.

The Word became flesh to rescue me. It's no tale, it's gospel truth.

He took on humanity and He knows what its like to walk this world. The road he chose was more treacherous than mine will ever be for He took on sin and conquered death and I get to live in the victory. 

The One who tabernacled among us, took up residence with the very sinners He came to save, is full of grace and truth.

He lived life here. His life was all about what is true. And true isn't always pretty. He knows about mountains and valleys, sickness and health, disease and death, tears and traitors, love and laughter. 

The Word clothed in humanity dwelt among us, displaying His glory full of grace and truth. It's His mercy and unfailing love that pursue me all the days of my life. When I face the valley of the shadow of death, when the enemy tries to steal my joy in life, I fix my eyes on Truth and I am set free.

In His presence I do not fear, but I am comforted. 

The table has been set and I can pull up a chair, chew on the bones of truth, savour whatever is true, and serve up dish of good, honest, words of life.  It may not always be pretty, but it is all for the praise of His glory.


***

Reflecting and writing on the word prompt given here for Five Minute Friday at Lisa-Jo's place. This week the prompt is: True

Officially, the rules are:

Five Minute Friday1. Write for 5 minutes  {To be honest, I usually break this rule ;) }
2. Link up at Lisa-Jo's  and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community...

4 comments:

  1. "And when I seek Truth, I see that He sought me first." - wow, nicely put. That is true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah,
    Thanks for introducing yourself over at my blog...and thanks for sharing the truth of how much Christ has done for us...I think comparison leaves us all limp...good descriptive word you picked...keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. You hit the nail: "There are days I think I must be crazy to pour out my heart and expose myself bare and transparent. It would be safer to keep it all to myself, to not put myself out there at risk of being misunderstood." And yet, we follow the One who poured out His heart crazy and exposed Himself bare and transparent -- for us. He still does. And being misunderstood, He still is. I am glad you risk. I know how hard it is. I just started blogging regularly and I sure wonder things like, "Will anyone read this?" because I want them to, and then "I hope no one reads this" because another part of me doesn't want the rejection that inevitably comes with exposure. Thanks for your bravery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have felt all those things myself! The bare truth, exposed and published for the world to see... and in the end it is for His glory, which makes it worth telling. Thank you for your beautiful words of truth!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...