Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Words of Wisdom for the Weekend: "How Real World-Changers Are Wired" {and web-links}

‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
Matthew 25:40


"Love each other in the same way I have loved you."
John 15:12

"People who really want to make a difference in the world usually do it, in one way or another. And I've noticed something about people who make a difference in the world. They hold on to unshakeable convictions that individuals are extremely important, that every life matters. They get excited over one smile. They are willing to feed one stomach, educate one mind, and treat one wound. They aren't determined to revolutionize the world all at once; they're satisfied with small changes. Over time, though, the small changes add up. Sometimes they even transform cities, and yes, the world. 
People who want to make a difference get frustrated along the way. But if they have a particularly stressful day, they don't quit. They keep going. Given their accomplishments, most are shockingly normal and the way they spend each day can be quite mundane. They don't teach grand lessons that suddenly enlighten entire communities; they teach small lesson that can bring incremental improvement to one man or woman, boy or girl. They don't do anything to call attention to themselves, they simply pay attention to the everyday needs of others, even if it's only one person. They bring change in ways most people will never read about or applaud. And because of the way these world-changers are wired, they wouldn't think of living their lives any other way."
~Beth Clark, 
(from the forward written in )
Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption

A Soft Gentle Voice


Compassion Bloggers: Uganda 2014

We have been reading the posts from the team of bloggers that travelled to Uganda this past week and been moved by what we have seen—from the extreme poverty to the hope these children have in Christ's name.

We have the privilege to help these children who are living in slums and to communicate God's love and hope to them right from our homes.

Our children love to receive letters from our Compassion children. I can't imagine what our Compassion children do when they receive our letters.

I was literally in tears when I read some posts and this one I laughed out loud.







Pray for the Easton family as they finally moved into a remote village in the Philippines. 
 
They have been preparing for this for years with training, learning a new language, leaving family, and bravely following God's call on their lives. We got to know the Eastons at a small Bible College and have followed their journey and were thrilled to hear that this week they finally moved into their new 'home'. 
"After years of anticipation, preparation and floods of prayers, the Easton family is finally moving to a remote village in the Philippines. It scarcely seems real. 
“Of course we have visited several times and did a 10-day stint last August,” writes Dennis Easton, “but this time we are moving in to stay." 
"There is much to look forward to as they dig in to the adventure God has placed them in." 



What is your Story? What is God's will for your life? Are you in God's story? 
You were born to be: 
UnThinkable You—Born to be Wild

{email subscribers can watch this video by Louie Giglio here}

"I have come that you might have life, to fullness of life . . . I'm going to lead you to life . . . I am going to be in the midst of the life with you."

"I want you to follow me. Peter says 'ok' and he leaves his families business and he goes and follows Jesus . . .  Have you ever thought about doing something crazy like that? . . . there is something about Him that grabbed my heart."

"What are you doing with your life?"



***
{Words for Wisdom for the Weekend: These are words that I have been challenged or encouraged by that I have read throughout my week that I kept pondering; words that I couldn't get off my mind and heart throughout my week. 

For other Words of Wisdom for the Weekend posts see here.}

4 comments:

  1. I love those lines from the forward form the book. We often focus on the big things because that's is what makes the news but much of lives is filled with ordinary moments.. It makes me think of Jeff Goin's books In-Between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many gems here, but the words at the first are so profound! Thank you for linking up with Recommendation Saturday! Heart Hugs, Shelly <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you over at Barbie's. What is so strange is that what I posted is from your header verse--A Gentle Whisper--

    I hopped over and read Nester's post--I'm so glad you gave the link--that was so amusing about the woman in the wedding dress stirring the beans.

    So glad for the connection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lines from the book Kisses From Kate, which is now on my "to read" list. May I always be willing and content to do for the one. Thank you so much for this quote today! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...